Our School Vision
- This will be a welcoming, stimulating school where children feel secure, where good behaviour is expected, and where children are given the opportunity to achieve their potential.
- It will be an inclusive school where all will be treated equally and given equality of opportunity regardless of gender, special needs, disability or race.
- Children will be treated as individuals and the teaching and learning will be differentiated to take account of individual needs.
- Teaching and learning will be matched to the appropriate stage of children’s physical, mental, social, spiritual, moral and cultural development needs.
- All will benefit from a rich, broad, balanced curriculum that will be presented in an interesting, exciting and imaginative manner with lots of opportunities for first-hand experience, practical work, investigation and learning through play. The curriculum will be enlivened and enriched by visits, visitors, and extensive use of the environment. The basics will be taught well and the creative aspects including art, poetry, story, dance, music and performance will be central to our work.
- All will have high expectations and set high standards for themselves and others and they will be treated fairly and listened to. All will have an opportunity to take responsibility, build their self-esteem and develop their self-confidence.
- Success will be promoted and progress and achievement will be rewarded.
- We will build a partnership with parents by giving good information and by consulting on appropriate issues.